Friday, July 4, 2008

Half the year gone...



I bought myself a new saddle today...sometimes doing that just makes me feel so attached to the world. The butter soft leather is going to feel incredible and boost my confidence in myself and Cleo's showing...it is a LONG ways off to the October Paint show. We are headed to Virginia in about three weeks to take a couple of the clients' horses to the Lexington facility for the southern Regionals show. I so wish I could piggy back another Paint show in like we did last year...it was amazing fun.
Anyhow the saddle is a French-made close contact Huntseat-er that I just couldnt resist. My Collegiate is fantastic but time to move up in the world.
Spent all day watching the world show live-stream on the internet and cataloging models...going to sell off everything but a very precious few...Some of my other artist customs I just will never part with like Sawyer (Sue Thompson) and my Carol Williams pieces. The other stuff is just that, stuff...The custom glazes will all stay, Leslie's especially but I am ridding myself and my cabinets of most everything else. Some of the pieces from the 1920s, 30's and 40's will stay as Caitlin says she wants them. I cannot believe I have close to 50 of those Peter Stone messes that are pure worthless...good thing I have so many custom orders for stock horses!
Here's one I will never get rid of...he is awesome and he reminds me of the fun I had in El Paso with Renee and Caitlin...

No comments: