Saturday, September 22, 2007

Here is the "Pig in the Poke" I am working on...really stabbed me to have it called that but oh well...toughen up, sister, and close those books!!!!!!!!!!!



Saturday...three horses drying on the counter top...it is trying to rain and I just brought in the herd from their early morning grazing, which they adore...Foxy backs up into a corner after breakfast and just vegges out, she is so content...
Guess the St. Cloud farm will go up for sale today so I can buy the Coleman place...won't miss it I guess...gone are the herds of Brahma, the dozens of adorable Sand Hill crane chicks playing war games while mom watches intently for evil, but the cattle are gone, the cranes get mashed on the new cutesy named roads and my farm stands like a stubborn reminder of what Florida used to be, while million dollar mansions creep into existance in the brahma pasture. Where used to be wild native grasses growing, are thick green shrugs of carpet grass tossed down by Mexicans who work by the day...
I will get a ton of money for the place that cost us so little, because no one wanted to live that far out, down a desolate road, in the back of a cattle ranch, with no street lights or convenience stores to run to...Now it looks like a freak sitting in the middle of golf grassy neighborhoods, the stores loom every where and I want out...even of this place, where we have even more land but the crime and the "sprawl" run over onto our pastures...one more orange-lobbing trespasser and I will be toting a gun...
My camera is fading fast, cannot get any details on my work and I am just not ready to drop another $900 on a digital camera that is worth anything...
Here is me on Crush...I need to sell him too but I am sick of people and their promises...so I may just keep him and spare myself of all the nonsense...Put Cleo up for sale 'just to see' and do not care if anyone inquires about her or not...Can you tell I am having a bitchy day!???

No comments: