Friday, September 7, 2007



Plenty is getting done...painted for hours the other night. I am repairing Amy's lovely resin (it is perhaps better I am not keeping up with all the new releases as then I am not inspired to buy one~) Her daughter's lovely mare will look perfect on a Marabella, but more so I am inspired to recreate that mare's expressive eyes especially since Amy has described what a tremendous ride she has been for her daughter...this will be fun!

The saddest part of this week is the untimely death of Jree...we had so much fun in her presence and when she came here to stay for a weekend of judging, even Caitlin was transfixed by her personality...I remember the very first time I met Liz and Jree in person...I was at Breyerfest and looked out my window and saw the oddest and most unusually dressed people coming up the walk...Okay, whatever, I thought, and that was the last time I ever had a thought about how either of them looked...Jree was a graceful elegant sweetheart of a lady, her smile was infectious and I admired her free spirit of boas, terribly cool and elegant dresses, and her endless talent for art...I remember her petting Silver, and Silver snitched her boa and held on while Jree tugged it away from her laughing...
And now she is gone. I am feeling so misplaced. Why things like this happen... ?

Met Preston...he has gorgeous eyes and he is tall and thin, very good looking. I am glad Danny he is gone...too many unanswered questions with him...
We have a show tomorrow...sort of...just an excursion to Orlando for me to practice on Foxy, do some western riding and even some speed events, and for Caitlin to do poles and barrel practice...Not much of a show but a chance to hang out with Erika and Mo, see her parents, sell some show clothes, and get out of the studio...I guess Preston is coming too. Loki will accompany us as well making this kind of like a labor day weekend I didnt experience last weekend...NEXT weekend is a one day Paint show in Ocala...another DPHC foolishness...


No comments: